Donate

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

What kind of lures work best for you? Is there a specific color anyone recommends? I personally feel that a lure that has a bright color(visible in murky water) is more likely to catch a fish's eye.

It seems like natural movement is neccessary as well. If you have a lure that doesn't have any movement that looks realistic you may not catch much. However, that does not mean that you can't give the same lure a realistic movement by bobbing the rod and reel up and down at the right pace while reeling it in. This technique often works better than a "lively" lure alone. There are a type of lure which you can probably find easily that has a flap on either side of the lure which collects water and makes the lure seem to swim naturally as you reel it in.

Sometimes the right lure can make all the difference. I have been fishing at times when I would catch two or three Crappie in only a few minutes(sometimes this spike in activity can go on for an hour or more if you are lucky) because of a very good lure that worked well with my equipment.

On the other hand, I have also been fishing in the past with a generic, cheap, small jig and catch nothing until someone(My father :~] ) told me WHERE they were at. Once you hit a close group of active fish you can have a lot of fun. To find a group of active fish often requires you to explore an area thoroughly to find the right vegetation and things that the fish(you are looking for) like to spend time around.

If you think that having fun, getting a good meal, and being a good fisherman is difficult or expensive then let me tell you that is totally FALSE!

Have a nice Day!
Thanks for Reading!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I needed a distraction from my normal duties and your blog has provided that for me.

Thank You
texas fishing

E-Man said...

All right! That is what this is all about! Thanks for the comment texas fishing! I checked out your blog and I must admit that it is awesome! Please come back and share a story or some of your expertise if you like! This is all about catching a meal, having fun, and doing it without breaking your budget!

FissionMan

Best of Luck Fellow Anglers!

Rich T said...

What lures work best you ask? I know for salt water, my wife hooked me up with a Viper Tackle System from a site called Angler Systems. They do all the research and assemble a lure kit with instructions for each type of fish. Nice to see something original. It looks cool, is waterproof and it works, by the way... I like it. Hope this helps.

E-Man said...

I like a lure called "lil' fishie' - they're not too pricey, have a solid, well made head/hook with a rubber body that has little 'flaps' extending forward from the start of the tail, so that as it moves in the water, the tail wiggles back and fourth giving an EXTREMELY life-like impression.

Followers