Donate

Friday, July 30, 2010

Who needs Fishfinders?

Not me!

I once saw a couple of guys with 10K worth of equipment and a fast boat, trying to catch some crappie. I was on the dock and I noticed they weren't catching anything.

They asked me how I was managing to catch four or five crappie in a half hour and I said "I've been doing this since I was a child"- "A fishfinder isn't going to help you when you don't know what the hell you're doing"

I said "cast out over there where the fish are" and one replied "The fishfinder says there aren't any fish over there" - "That's because it isn't a fisherman and neither are you" - "cast over there, work the rod like this" "Jig it" Crappie attack anything that may eat their young when they are spawning, so all you have to do is get their attention with a bright crappie 'Jig'.

After about 3-5 minutes they started to catch some Crappie. They caught 5 or 6 and then quietly left that area.

Have a similar story or some other outstanding tale of fishing excellence?
Post it!

No comments:

Followers